What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is The Fletcher School's top giving priority running annually from July 1- June 30 each year. The Annual Fund:
- goal this year is $360,000.
- accounts for approximately 5% of the operating budget each year.
- helps provide financial assistance to 8% our students and their families who would otherwise be unable to benefit from a Fletcher education.
- allows us to maintain our average 6:1 student to teacher ratio--an important component of the individualized instruction we provide at Fletcher.
- provide the opportunity to explore the very latest methods of multisensory teaching to enhance student learning.
- ensures that students are able to discover and pursue their unique gifts and talens inside, and outside, the classroom through the fine arts, athletics, and other co-curricular programs.
Can I designate my Annual Fund gift to an area of the School's operating budget?
The Annual Fund provides unrestricted support for the School's operating budget, which is allocated annually by the Board of Trustees. However, donors may choose to invest in a particular area of the School's operating budget that they find most meaningful. This "Family of Funds" includes:
- Area of Greatest Need
- Academic Programs
- Faculty Support
- Financial Aid
- Fine Arts
How much should I give to the Annual Fund?
We ask that members of our community participate in giving to the best of their ability. Whether your gift is $10, $100 or even $10,000, it’s an important statement of gratitude that shows your passionate belief and pride in The Fletcher School. Every gift matters, no matter the size. The Fletcher School established giving levels to recognize and honor donors who make generous gifts at every level. See below:
Patrons Club $5,000 and above
Founders' Club $2,500-$4,999
Fletcher Club $1,000-$2,499
Marathon Club $500-$999
Stepping Stones Club $300-$499
Footprints Club $100-$299
How do I make a gift to the Annual Fund?
Gifts can be made online with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. Click here to make a secure donation online.
Checks should be made payable to The Fletcher School and mailed to:
The Fletcher School
Attention: Advancement Office
8500 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
Gifts of appreciated securities enable donors to avoid capital-gains taxes while making a tax-deductible gift to TFS. To make a gift of appreciated securities, please contact Lindsey Mann Field, Director of Advancement, at 704-365-4658 for more information on how securities may be transferred.
Many employers will match your gift to The Fletcher School, increasing the impact your gift will have on the school. To find out if your employer will match your gift to Fletcher, please contact your human resource department or e-mail Lindsey Mann Field with your company's name.